Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Pre Season Warmer Climate Training ....

Pre Season Warmer Climate Training .... 06 Jan 2017 12:45 #11414

• marieb
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 57
Gill if you are flying back on the 19th probably best to rent from 13th to 18th total of 6 days. I need your bike frame size or else the CM - it should be on your bike fit or else Dom should know as your got your bike there.

So if you can send me the 3 names and bike size that would be great. my email is burkeymarie@googlemail.com
thanks
Marie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pre Season Warmer Climate Training .... 06 Jan 2017 14:31 #11415

• grykyo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 111
I have been to Lanza the week of St.Patricks day a couple of times. There is a mighty parade along the main promenade complete with St. Pat himself. Like a green Santa!

I have used a local agent, a guy named Tara to book accommodation a few times. He sorted us with 3 bed 2 story townhouse/apt in Puerto Calero last time for approximately €30 per night. Shared pool and towards the top of the resort but was totally spot-on. Ask me for the contacts if you would like to call or email him yourself?

Garry

Pre Season Warmer Climate Training .... 06 Jan 2017 22:41 #11420

• PaulineD
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 2
I'm packing my bags....
Booked flights 11th-18th.
Thanks for organising Rob,
and thanks Marie, Please count me in for bike 11th - 17th.
(I was mens small frame last time tks)

Pre Season Warmer Climate Training .... 06 Jan 2017 22:46 #11421

• Colm Flood
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 78
Hi Rob,

I have now booked my flights, flying out on the 10th and back on the 18th, can you include me in the accommodation plans.

Marie, can you put my name down for a bike, they should have my details from before - Sat 11th to Fri 17th.

Thanks for organising, much appreciated.

Pre Season Warmer Climate Training .... 08 Jan 2017 10:01 #11431

• Martina
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 34
Hi Rob,
Flights are booked so we're in. Could you include Teasy and myself in the accommodation please? Much appreciated. Thanks, martina

Pre Season Warmer Climate Training .... 08 Jan 2017 14:24 #11432

• The Champ
  • The Champ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 17
All,

Ok there seems to be slight panic doing the rounds on accommodation - I have received a few messages and comments that people are nervous etc...

The plan to sort is as follow's:

I messaged Mark at Jablebermudas apt's this morning outlining the number of apt's required being 9. Based on the spreadsheet Marie emailed through incorporating a buffer in case we have more people looking to join.

As mentioned last week Jablebermudas is fully booked the week of the 10th - 18th. When I spoke with Mark (last week) he mentioned that a lot of the booking's come through Hotels.Com and other such websites which carry a no fee cancellation policy and stated a large % of the time these bookings never materialize into people checking in which annoys the apt owners as they loose revenue. He asked me for a definite number so he could take our case to them and see if they would be willing to prioritise us over such bookings. I couldn't give him a number last week as we didn't have one.

This morning @ 8.30am I messaged him stating we have a definite 22, these people have booked flight's and are travelling on the 8th, this excludes John C, John O'C and Rose they have their own accom sorted. I am waiting for Mark to come back to be me which he is usually very good at so I am expecting a reply on this by the end of day today or tomorrow.

If its a case that they cannot accommodate us - Marie and myself will look to other options in and around the same budget. The purpose of this exercise is to get a place that can take the group, couple of reasons for this, we stand a better chance at negotiating a better rate as a group and it will work better from a training, communication and social perspective when we are out there having us all in and around the same complex.

If any one as any concerns on this please give me call on 0863850129.

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: KarenMByrne95

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds