• Page:

TOPIC: Bearman Race Report

Bearman Race Report 01 Oct 2017 17:37 #13123

• lisab
  • lisab's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 6
As this was first ever Bearman Xtri race to be held, I thought I would jot down my thoughts on paper, for those who might be interested in doing it in the future . They will be opening up registration in the next couple of months and as it was seen as such a success, and only limited to 200, it could sell out quite quickly . I would definitely recommend as a alternative to Ironman Barcelona, its close enough to Spain. I warn you its long, but then again it was a very long race.

see attachment (if I have done it right)

File Attachment:

File Name: RaceReport_2017-10-01.docx
File Size: 201 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: steve_mc, michaelp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bearman Race Report 03 Oct 2017 08:11 #13125

• Conor
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Persistence & Determination are omnipotent
  • Thank you received: 1
Great report, Lisa, but I'm not sure that you've conveyed the challenge adequately! All joking aside, I can add little to Lisa's report except to say that I had never trained as hard and as consistently for a race before and thank goodness I had. Long, long, LONG, hills with hairpin descents (admittedly I love descents).
The swim was the most enjoyable IM swim that I've ever done. Pitch dark, and after an initial collective confusion as to the direction to take, the most relaxing swim ever.
The bike was an exercise in patience and pacing; neither a particular strength of mine. The hill training through every Wicklow hill John Baugh could find, paid off and I felt stronger as the day went on.
The run, mostly in the dark, suited me as no one could see my suffering!
I enjoyed the entire experience immensely. I can honestly say that after 3 Ironman races, 5 ½IM races and now this Extreme Ironman race, that the Bearman was my favourite of all.
Congratulations Lisa on your podium finish. You are far too modest in your race report. It was an extraordinary result on a day when just to finish was a substantial achievement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lisab

Bearman Race Report 10 Oct 2017 21:29 #13148

• steve_mc
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 13
Great race report Lisa, very useful info for anyone considering this race. That course sounds fantastic. Big congrats to you both :cheer:

Bearman Race Report 11 Oct 2017 10:23 #13149

• JustD
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 6
Great report Lisa, thanks for sharing.
Congratulations to you both, some savage training involved to tackle those hills. Well done on the podium finish too:)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds