Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Dublin Ironman 70.3 - Supporting

Dublin Ironman 70.3 - Supporting 10 Aug 2015 15:48 #7693

• grykyo
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 111
Absolutely amazing is the only way to describe the support. Talking to a friend from Activ Multisport even he was stunned at the number of Wicklow supporters... Well done you guys!

From the camaraderie poorly disguised as months of "smack down" through to help, car pooling and such like in the build up to fist pumping from Gaby, Rodolfo, Andy and the other WTC start marshals it just kept coming all day. Some random swimmer asked me had I hired all the supporters my name was called out so many times from the water exit to the T1 tent!

I had the script written for my sob speech as all the competitors whizzed by me, broken at the side of the road and was relieved not to have to run a half marathon. When I finally got to the Park I would not have made it to the end without all the whooping, simple as!

Thanks everybody!

I guess this is why Wicklow Tri IS the best Tri Club?

Garry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dublin Ironman 70.3 - Supporting 10 Aug 2015 18:14 #7696

• david g
  • Ironman
  • Ironman
  • Thank you received: 23
Massive thanks from me too to you all. It was truely amazing. I had been dreading the run but when I came out for the first lap and saw and heard you all I got a huge lift. For laps 2 and 3 I couldnt wait to get back around to the spots you were at. It was a brilliant day and you all made it brilliant. Will never forget it.

Dublin Ironman 70.3 - Supporting 10 Aug 2015 21:09 #7697

• Ciaraoneill
  • Ciaraoneill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 189
Congratulations to all our fantastic members who took part in yesterday's Ironman 70.3 race in Dublin. Around 50 of you were racing and I reckon we were easily the best represented club there on the day. It was certainly a very proud day for everyone in WTC :)

Unfortunately I don't have a full list of everyone who was racing as a Wicklow member. I could hazard a guess, but I know I'd end up missing a couple of names and I don't want to risk upsetting anyone!!! So for now, I'll stick to just posting a group photo and listing the top 3 men & women for the club. Well done guys. I hope you're all recovering well.

Top 3 Males
Ray Kenny - 04:42:44
Barry Cronin - 4.42.53
Liam Williams - 04:46:32 .... age group WINNER!!!!!

Top 3 Females
Lisa Howley - 05:28:56
Siobhain Duggan - 05:30:03
Debs Meghen - 05:30:29

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: grykyo

Last Edit: by Ciaraoneill.

Dublin Ironman 70.3 - Supporting 11 Aug 2015 08:00 #7698

• Ciaraoneill
  • Ciaraoneill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 189
Small correction to the Top 3 WTC Mens' times that I posted last night. Barry Cronin finished in a super time of 4.42.53. Just 9 seconds after Ray. Well done Barry!!

Dublin Ironman 70.3 - Supporting 11 Aug 2015 12:59 #7700

• Darren-O-S
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 7
I too would like to thank all the Wicklow supporters, it really was fantastic and very much appreciated. It was very reassuring to see so many familiar faces marshalling at the swim start. The support at the swim exit and on the run was superb.

Dublin Ironman 70.3 - Supporting 11 Aug 2015 13:55 #7701

• Tony B
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Olympic Triathlon
  • Thank you received: 25
As a newbie to the club, (not sure when I'm no longer a newbie!!). Anyway as someone in their first year in the club, the support and cheers from WTC crew, many of which I don't even know yet, was awesome. It lifted me when I needed it. Thanks guys. Will return the favour sometime.

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds