Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: 2016 Race Results

2016 Race Results 18 Apr 2016 08:59 #9551

• Veronica
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 16
Great race report Michael! Well done on your 2nd place in your AG. Well deserved :cheer: Well done to everyone else who took part too. I hope you enjoyed it!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2016 Race Results 25 Apr 2016 12:05 #9603

• Ciaraoneill
  • Ciaraoneill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 197
It was a busy weekend of racing action for many of our members, with several different triathlons, adventure races, marathons and trail runs taking place.
Firstly, congratulations to 2 of our newer members, David Gray and Dee Flynn on completing what I believe was their first triathlon, at the National Series pool sprint race in Sligo yesterday. Well done to you both and I hope you are well & truly bitten by the racing bug now :cheer:

On the adventure racing scene, Brendan Buck posted some incredible run and bike splits in the hills of Wicklow to finish in 2nd place in Quest Glendalough (Expert Distance). Not too far behind Brendan, we also had Alex Gray and Barry Cronin in 5th and 6th position. In a field of over 300 competitors, those results were incredible guys.

The ever impressive Lisa Howley ran yet another marathon in London yesterday, finishing in a fantastic time of 3:27. While another marathon pro, Danny Brennan, completed the Longford marathon in a terrific time of 3:29, finishing in 5th place overall. Think we're all losing count of how many marathons you guys have clocked up at this stage!!!

Last but not least, well done to those who ran the Roundwood Reservoir 10km on Saturday morning, with local lad Noelie Kavanagh taking top honours in 1st place and another speedster, Ray Kenny, just a few places behind in 7th.

Congratulations to you all and hopefully I haven't missed anyone. Remember to put up a post to let us know if you've been racing because we love to hear how people got on. If you're too modest, just drop me a message and I'll do it for you. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LisaH, Macy, Deeflynnmac, drdan

2016 Race Results 25 Apr 2016 16:13 #9607

• marieb
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 57
Well done everyone great results so early in the season.
Marie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan

2016 Race Results 25 Apr 2016 20:43 #9609

• Paul Evans
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 27
Brilliant ! well done everybody....that's great results for you all....kudos ! :cheer:

2016 Race Results 26 Apr 2016 15:33 #9615

• KarenMByrne95
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 3
Well done everybody! fantastic results :cheer:

2016 Race Results 03 May 2016 13:09 #9701

• Ciaraoneill
  • Ciaraoneill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 197
We had a few members flying the flag for Wicklow at races over the bank holiday weekend. Darren O'Sullivan jetted off to sunny Spain for a few days and raced in the Triathlon Popular de Madrid on Saturday. Warm temperatures meant that the websuit was optional, so Darren decided to go without it, much to the horror of all the freezing Spanish athletes!! Congrats on another great race Darren. Great confidence booster for you ahead of your ironman next month (don't think you'll have a worry about a non-wetsuit swim in Galway though :) ).

Meanwhile, back in Ireland we had a big group of Wicklow members racing in the Tinahely Duathlon on Sunday. Race winner Noelie Kavanagh lead from start to finish, crossing the line with a super time of 01:02:04 for the 5km Run, 20km Bike & 2.8km Run. Andy Hayes, Joe Sheehy and Darren Stanley all finished strongly too, nabbing 7th, 8th and 10th places respectively, with Davey Owens, John Bowes, Corrie Adams and Des Hogan all putting in great performances as well. First (and only) Wicklow lady home, was Sarah Diamond, who is just going from strength-to-strength with every race that she does. Congrats lads & lady! It’s great for you to get some races under your belt so early in the season. Full results for the duathlon are available here .
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaelp, grykyo, cadams

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds