TOPIC: Irish Duathlon Championship

Irish Duathlon Championship 01 Apr 2013 17:13 #681

• disabled_account-sp-1494661281
  • disabled_account-sp-1494661281's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Sprint-Tri
  • Thank you received: 0
Good luck to our racers this Saturday at Noon in Ashford :) Go for it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Irish Duathlon Championship 04 Apr 2013 13:48 #704

• Jim1
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Thank you received: 6
I hear the 'Pocket Rocket' is out for Saturday! So that is one pair of feet and disc wheel I wont have to listen to coming up behind me and overtaking. I think he will be there cheering us on though. Just look for the Base2Race top and the gold stilletos!

Anyway, good luck to everybody else taking part on Saturday from the Best Triathlon Club in the World.

For my part after spending 2 weeks in Canada with no cycling, I dont feel very well prepared. I managed a bit of running, but thats it. What the hell, in for a penny in for a pound!

Re: Irish Duathlon Championship 05 Apr 2013 11:46 #717

• Jim1
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
It looks like there are at least 12 starters for WTC tomorrow.

Noel Kavanagh
John Mercer
Niall Cunnane
Mark Butler
Tomas Dunne
ANNE MC GRANE
Brian MacNamara
Brendan Buck
Brendan KENNY
John Bowes
John Connaghan
Jim Corbett

My moneys on Noelie, but Brendan Buck "The Bucking Bronco" could also be a contender.
Anne has it sewn up for the WTC Girls!

Let the Ganes Begin!

Last Edit: by Jim1.

Re: Irish Duathlon Championship 05 Apr 2013 12:37 #719

• marieb
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • King/Queen of Kona
  • Thank you received: 57
lets get the wicklow club colours out and support them - best of luck everyone should be a good start to the season.
Marie

Re: Irish Duathlon Championship 06 Apr 2013 16:48 #727

• Jim1
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
Great performances from the Wicklow crew today, in what was a really tough race. A 10k run at pace before the 40k bike then the last hurrah a 5k run = MY FRIEND PAIN!

Outstanding performance from Wicklow and Roundwoods finest, Noelie Kavanagh, who came in 6th in what was a really HOT field! I called it right with Brendan Buck being the next WTCer home with John Connaghan 3rd WTCer home. Anne McGrane was the first Wicklow woman home. Anne narrowly missed out topping her AG and got 2nd. She only lost out by the amount of time it took her to change her tube after she punctured.

I was really pleased with my own performance despite only getting 3rd in my AG and being chicked to beat the band! It was however a battling perfomance, where when it came to last 5k run it was just a case of hanging on and running on empty. I wasn't race ready so I did well. The absence of any biking over the last few weeks created a few issues for my leg muscles and I got a lot of cramping in my calves on the bike (actually lots of people reported that happening to them, probably due to the hard 10k run first.). Anyway its over now and I live to fight another day. Next stop Joey Hannon.

Results are up on the 3 rock Website www.3rocktriclub.com/

Re: Irish Duathlon Championship 08 Apr 2013 22:34 #751

• Jim1
  • Ironman 70.3
  • Ironman 70.3
Before this race slips away into oblivion, I just want to name check a few other Wicklow Blues competing on the day I didn't mention in the other post. Brendan Kenny, John Bowes and Brian MacNamara also put their bodies on the line in one of the toughest races I've done for a while.

Also I forget to mention all the support from the Blue Boys and Girls who were everywhere. It helps when you are struggling a bit to get that encouraging shout. It really does put a little bit of an extra spring back in your step, so thanks all.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.465 seconds